Sunday, September 23, 2007

PDA

I want to ask what do guys plan to gain from you PDA assignments. Will you use them as real life case studies. I think observation of music educator will allow use to see what the "Real World" might be like. Another question do any of you think you have enough knowledge to just say conduct an elementary choir? Or are you ready to take over your high school's choir? I'm positive in not the only one that has had the thought to go right back to the place where it all started. Has anyone gone back to their high school yet and looked at the place yet? What did it look like? how did it feel? I haven't gone home yet since I've moved in. I plan on going to help my high school's marching as apart of my PDA. Is there anything I should expect. How can i prepare myself. Being on the outside looking in is going to be tough. WISH ME GOOD LUCK!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Part of my PDA is observing an elementary school teacher in the classroom at varying levels. I am actually really interested in doing this because I feel like I have a pretty good grip on how a subject teacher opperates in a classroom, but it's been a very long time since I was in an elementary music class and I was definitely to young to see it from the teacher's perspective. I am definitely a visual learner. I really want to teach elementary school, and watching someone do it (well or otherwise)will make me feel much more ready to do it myself than talking about it in a classroom.

As to whether I have enough knowledge to conduct an elementary school choir... I have worked in an elementary school before. I taught an after school theater class last year, and I directed their spring musical. So...I'm used to working with kids and getting results, and I think I have enough musical knowledge to conduct fairly simple music. So...I think I would cope and be fine. However, I think that in order to be a GOOD conductor and feel more calm and in control of the situation, both learning alot more about music and teaching and getting a few years older will be much to my advantage, and theirs (the kids.)