Tuesday, September 25, 2007

MY ETHICS AS A TEACHER

As a teacher you have many rules to follow and many forces that will try to mold you and make you do what you want them to do. I believe that you should follow the rules but never when they crush or belittle what you believe in.

1) I believe that learning the fundamentals of music is the most important thing for musicians no matter what. My students will learn them no matter what.

1a.) My students will be taught music the best way i see fit for them to gain the up most comprehension of music.

2) My students will apply the fundamentals they have learned to performing.

3) No student will ever be excluded or discouraged because of any opposing forces when it comes to performing, or learning.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

I don't agree with these rules. I don't agree that you should mold students. I think that you should read the book and find the qoute that says something about "remember thier world." I think if we do this it will create us as better music educators.