I have no prior choir, orchestra or band experience coming to this school.
Everyone seems to know how to sing, and have some kind of ensemble experience.
Right now, I am lost completely in choir and I am sure I will be if I am directing a band.
What can I do to teach beginners ensemble music when I have not experienced it as a child?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes, that is quite the predicament. It begs the question of whether or not is is possible to learn without actually experiencing what you're learning about, which I'm sure we could argue about for many class periods.
My basic suggestion to you would be to see if you can start observing classes at the conservatory. In addition to whatever conducting and general music teaching classes you'll take here, that will give you an opportunity to observe those methods actually being used, and sitting in on rehearsals will give you some sense of experience. The other thing is, you don't have to worry about teaching any ensembles for another four years, so you have plenty of time to learn all you need to. Good luck!
A question - are you officially majoring in Music Ed or Piano Ped?
Post a Comment