Saturday, September 22, 2007

Laser Vision

So Haltmeier, when are we going to learn how to use our laser eyes when students ask us why we're doing something? No joke, Directors really do acquire this super human trait after a while, looking down at me from Mt. Platformus as if they couldn't have possibly heard me QUESTIONING THEIR INTERPRETATION of a PIECE!? KETTI, back me up here girl! Teachers should be more human, shouldn't they? More approachable. I completely agree. I love Oliver and Lee, but they both are unquestionable AUTHORITIES up there! They all are. I mean, they use humor and mess with us like they are on our level, but is it really like that? SHOULD it be? (yes i know, i like using caps to EMPHASIZE certain WORDS) But if we do become "doers", Lauren, questioning methods and such, isn't it really still just being better observers? Are we really DOING anything more, or just presenting an alternate approach and kind of wasting time? Kenneth? I know you said that was of the UTMOST importance to have involvement like this. Talk to me guys, ladies! What's the point? and what level is appropriate for singer/conductor?

No comments: