Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HELP....PHILOSOPHY PAPER

I wrote Pro. Eric(lol)...and i was telling him that as I'm typing my paper, or at least attempting to type my paper, i was coming up with more questions than answers....I would bring up a point, explain it the best i could THEN the WHAT IF question pops in my head, or the WHAT ABOUT THIS, then I get stuck. I dont know exactly where to start so i began to just write down key points that I figured would give me a good basis of discussion, but then the question is how do i organize these thoughts and are these thoughts legit, but then again its MY philosophy so does it matter if it makes little to know sense to any one else?........HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!!!!

5 comments:

Tom Cunningham said...

Im a big fan of establishing points on a piece of paper. I'll then take that piece of paper to the computer and write a paragraph/until I'm mentally exhausted on each topic. I don't worry about "the paper" until I have the pieces. We're all talking on a single topic (music ed.), so things shouldn't wander too far, thus establishing the "flow" once all the pieces are ready to be put into place shouldn't be to hard.

Take your time, don't force yourself into any conclusions you aren't ready to make.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I made an outline using the 5 huge main topics we brainstormed in class on tuesday:

1. Purpose
2. Power
3. Student Growth
4. Curriculum/Repetoire
5. Ethics

and I always used

6. School Structure

and then i took all of the points that i posted online as well as the ones that Tom did, and then sorted them into those categories. And then I made subcategories within those. And from there I'll start writing paragraphs.

I put bullet points in question form because it gives me something to write right away : "what should..." "It should happen this way...""

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I made an outline using the 5 huge main topics we brainstormed in class on tuesday:

1. Purpose
2. Power
3. Student Growth
4. Curriculum/Repetoire
5. Ethics

and I always used

6. School Structure

and then i took all of the points that i posted online as well as the ones that Tom did, and then sorted them into those categories. And then I made subcategories within those. And from there I'll start writing paragraphs.

I put bullet points in question form because it gives me something to write right away : "what should..." "It should happen this way...""

Hope that helps!

Dan the Man said...

i think you should just let your paper flow. Then when you're done writing about 10 pages of what has just flown through your head, take the rest of your time reading over it, organizing them into similar ideas, and then take it to the hole with your intro and conclusion. If the what if's come up, write them down, if you read it later and don't like them..take it out. No one's watching your process, so just let it be as flowing as possible so you don't do that, "aw man, i had that, but it didn't know if i should write that".

Bishopdr said...

yeah, ive been doing all or most of what you guys are saying, so maybe i was doing something right but looking for a polish product too quick