I think things have definitely gotten better since that day when she kinda lost it. I really think that we're starting to sound more like a college choir and not just a really good high school choir. And I know that having hearings has definitely made me practice more.
Things are worse, and this is no fault of the directors, they're top notch. Some people just need to step their game up, and its usually the people that think they don't need to that need it the most.
Today was horrific, a lot of HS choirs sound better -not even just good HS choirs.
And while Im venting; The hearings were supposed to be in octets w/ 2 on a part. Mine was one on a part section by section, and needless to say, terrible.
yea...maybe i spoke a little too soon. today was pretty bad. but i think dr. oliver's ending rehearsal was a little unnecessary. i know we kept messing up on little stupid things but i'm sure a lot of people were kinda nervous about the hearings, so it's a little understandable i guess. i do agree with you though tom, some people do really need to step their game up.
I like Oliver doin that. it's a different approach. has he not told us over and over again to work on it? that doesn't seem to be working. in this game you gotta throw different stuff at people, and i think that's all this was.
I'm sorry.... I know these directors are "top notch" but looking at it from the cp p.o.v their directing styles are completely one sided... and when we aren't able to fix things, they throw silent hissy fits or end rehersals..... Hmmmmmm..... interesting?
6 comments:
I think things have definitely gotten better since that day when she kinda lost it. I really think that we're starting to sound more like a college choir and not just a really good high school choir. And I know that having hearings has definitely made me practice more.
Things are worse, and this is no fault of the directors, they're top notch. Some people just need to step their game up, and its usually the people that think they don't need to that need it the most.
Today was horrific, a lot of HS choirs sound better -not even just good HS choirs.
And while Im venting; The hearings were supposed to be in octets w/ 2 on a part. Mine was one on a part section by section, and needless to say, terrible.
yea...maybe i spoke a little too soon. today was pretty bad. but i think dr. oliver's ending rehearsal was a little unnecessary. i know we kept messing up on little stupid things but i'm sure a lot of people were kinda nervous about the hearings, so it's a little understandable i guess. i do agree with you though tom, some people do really need to step their game up.
yup.
I like Oliver doin that. it's a different approach. has he not told us over and over again to work on it? that doesn't seem to be working. in this game you gotta throw different stuff at people, and i think that's all this was.
I'm sorry.... I know these directors are "top notch" but looking at it from the cp p.o.v their directing styles are completely one sided... and when we aren't able to fix things, they throw silent hissy fits or end rehersals..... Hmmmmmm..... interesting?
Maybe they're used to working with better?
Post a Comment