So..What did we learn?
I think we learned pretty much how to think. How to take a situation and look through all the possibilites and then make a decision, which is a very important part of teaching because teachers can't make sparatic decisions.
What do you think?
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Agreed, Dan the Man. I must admit I felt very upset when I found out in the beginning that I'd have to bust out my own philosophy. I felt too young and silly to have a philosophy of anything, but maybe this little bit of coercion was best to jumpstart our thinking.
It's hard to imagine when we're young - one of our superiors not knowing the answer. So now we're placing ourselves in all these different positions so there's no "wow, what in the world am I supposed to do?"
We learned what exists in music education and explored our own thoughts, discussed some interesting hows and whys, and we even discovered some opinions we didn't know were there! ;)
So also, I've been ridiculously obsessed with this clip from Disney's Magical World of Color and my roommate might punch me if I play it again. I highly recommend watching one of these below. Not only will you laugh and laugh, but it's another example of an approach to teaching little ones the scale steps. You'll notice all "reds" are "do," all "yellows," are "mi," and so on for every step and color.
The first one you can fast forward about a minute and a half, and that's the original cartoon. The second and third ones are just funny and they have a funnier ending. So check them out and roll your eyes at me. You'll be singing it all day. :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4u8ygqKf5Sg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RJUXLZOOlA4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DpuI4lGmyZI
Post a Comment