While I was sitting down on the train to Princeton JCT, A father and his daughter sat next to me. The child was no older than six years old and she asked her father if could play "the game." He took out two pads off paper and two pens and handed one to his daughter. As I eavesdropped they began to play a sort of word game. They would pick a word try to spell as many words as possible using the letters in that word. I had never seen anything like it. The first word they chose was EMERGENCY. The father said "we have five minutes." When the time was up of coarse the father found more words. In the end he shared his words with her. Telling her the definitions of ones she did not know. This game demonstrated critical thinking and creative skills. The girl was having fun playing a game and was practicing her reading skills and expanding vocabulary at the same time. I admired the fathers ability to play a game and actually help his daughter practice her English skills. I do not know know how to describe the feeling I got watching this. Is was an amazing educational experience. I don't have a question to ask I just wanted to share my experience with the class and Professor Haltmeier.
Feel free to comment or share experiences
Squiggy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love playing that game!!
you know what's more fun?
ksjdfn
ken's son, jim drove for Neil
Post a Comment