As music changes and new breeds are born should we try to integrate them into our curriculum?
Listening to Haltmeier discuss his "Sex Machine" story i noticed that a lot of musicians that are in rock bands and other outside musical activities don't have a class in school that honors their world. If we could make a class that would do that: WHAT WOULD WE CALL IT? WHAT WOULD WE TEACH? I need help on this because its an idea I'd like to take it back to my high school one day because a lot of the musicians I knew weren't involved in the music program because it didn't appeal to them. I'd like to devise a class that would draw them in because instead of have school concerts that had just a choir and concert band their would be other ensembles performing. Modern popular music or adaptations of "classical" pieces with drum, bass and guitar. You get my idea? BLOG IT UP!!
Squiggy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well I guess you can pretty much call it anything besides concert band and choir and stuff..like we have jubilee..just give it a name thats completely different and make the description something that make kids sure that its nothing like concert band and stuff like that..
Post a Comment